Genshin Impact continues to grow and is one of the biggest games in the world right now. The amount of content added with each update is impressive, and now, version 1.6 will be out soon. One of the biggest problems with the game on the technical side, however, is the buggy launcher. Users keep running into errors, and there are always issues when there is a new update out. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 1.6 on PC, here is how you can do that.
One of the most common errors in the game, that has continued to be a problem with each update is the ‘Game Verification Error‘. We have written, and updated the guide for each version to ensure that users can play the game without running into it. Either way, Genshin Impact is available on multiple platforms and generates a lot of revenue on a daily basis.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 1.6 on PC
Longtime readers of our site already know this method by now, and why we prefer this. The biggest draw of manually updating is the ability to use whatever download manager one has. This ensures the best possible speed, and minimum errors when downloading the files.
One thing to note is that this is an update guide, meaning your game should be at 1.5.1.
Required Downloads for 1.6
First, download all these files using the download manager of your choice. These files are for 1.6.
- 1.6 Patch (3.27 GB)
- Chinese Audio Files (307.75 MB)
- English Audio Files (369.49 MB)
- Japanese Audio Files (339.27 MB)
- Korean Audio Files (307.44 MB)
You can download all audio packs which will allow you to change to the one you want in-game, or a single one. Just make sure you have at least one audio pack.
Updating to 1.6
After you have the files, you can follow the steps below to use those.
- First, open the Genshin Impact launcher, and make sure it is on the latest version. This is an automatic process, and it will prompt you with an update notification. (We are referring to the launcher’s latest version, and not the game itself)
- Now, Click on the Update button, and then click the Pause button
- After that, quit the launcher completely. Please make sure it isn’t running in the taskbar either.
- Now that you have ensured the launcher isn’t running, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- Here, delete all the .zip_tmp files (these are the temp files downloaded during the initial download we initiated)
- Now, copy all the files you downloaded, and paste those in the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- Now that you are done, there can be two scenarios when you open the launcher
- It will say Pre-installation Done if you are reading this guide before the update is officially live.
- If the update is live, you will get the Update button, simply click on it, and it will install the files for you.
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.