Genshin Impact is one of the biggest games in the world right now and continues to grow with every update. The developers are dedicated to their updates schedule, and the latest version, 2.1 is only days away from launch. Sadly, even now, the updating process isn’t as streamlined as you’d expect. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.1, you can follow this guide.
One of the more common errors with the game is the “Gamer Verification Error“, please follow our guide to fix that issue. We will be updating that as well, as soon as 2.1 is officially live so players can download and install the game from scratch.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 2.1
Manually updating the game is recommended, especially if you are running into problems with the launcher. This method also allows you to download files using the Download Manager of your choice. The launcher doesn’t always work well and can cause frequent slowdowns.
Note: This guide assumes that you are currently on version 2.0.
Required Downloads for 2.1
Download the following files, which are for version 2.1
Note: You don’t need to download all audio files. Only download the ones you need. You still need at least one. Also, please make sure to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning, you will English if that is your default language.
- 2.1 Patch (6.61 GB)
- Chinese Audio files (547.49 MB)
- English Audio files (957.89 MB)
- Japanese Audio files (537.73 MB)
- Korean Audio files (728.59 MB)
Updating to 2.1
Now that you have all the required files, we can move to the updating process.
- Open the Genshin Impact launcher, and make sure it is updated to the latest version. This means, that the launcher version is updated, and not the game version. This process is automatic, and you will be prompted.
- After that, click on the Update button, and then click Pause, after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher, and make sure it isn’t running in the background. You can also check if it is running in the taskbar, close it from there too.
Head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- Now, in this location, delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy all the files you downloaded in the “Required Downloads” section, and paste them in the following location (the patch file for 2.1, and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- Open the launcher, and it will say Pre-installation done
Important things to keep in mind
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. Please don’t extract the files, because if do so, you won’t be able to play the game until patch 2.1 is live
- Pre-installation done means that you can keep playing the game until the patch is live
- If you are following this guide after 2.1 is live, it will say Update instead of Pre-installation done. Click that, and it will install these files
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.