Genshin Impact is one of the most successful action-adventure titles of the past year and continues to improve with more content. The company managed to earn over $2 billion in its first year. Now, the latest version is upon us with version 2.2, which will be available in a couple of days. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.2, you can follow this guide.
The “Gamer Verification Error“ is also one of the most common issues of the game, and you can follow our guide to fix that as well. We will be updating that for version 2.2 as soon as the update goes live.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 2.2
Many users run into issues with updating from the launcher. We highly recommend manually updating, as it makes the process easier, and allows you to use your preferred download manager.
Note: This guide assumes that you are currently on version 2.1.
Required Downloads for 2.2
Download the following files, which are for version 2.2
Note: You don’t need to download all audio files. Only download the ones you need. However, keep in mind that you still need at least one. Also, please make sure to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning, you will need the English pack if that is your default language.
- 2.2 Patch (5.16 GB)
- Chinese Audio files (256.67 MB)
- English Audio files (323.01 MB)
- Japanese Audio files (331.29 MB)
- Korean Audio files (251.66 MB)
We highly recommend downloading these using a download manager, and not just Chrome.
Updating to 2.2
After you have downloaded the required files, we can now move to the installation process.
- Open the Genshin Impact launcher, and ensure that it is updated. We are referring to the launcher version, and not the game version. Simply launching the game launcher will let you update it, so do that once.
- After that, click on the Update button, and then click Pause, after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher, and make sure it isn’t running in the background. You can also check if it is running in the taskbar, close it from there too.
Now, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- In this location delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” heading, and paste them in the following location (the patch file for 2.2, and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- Open the launcher, and it will say Pre-installation done
Important things to consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. Please don’t extract the files, because if do so, you won’t be able to play the game until patch 2.2 is live
- Pre-installation done means that you can keep playing the game until the patch is live
- If you are following this guide after 2.2 is live, it will say Update instead of Pre-installation done. Click that, and it will install these files
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.