Genshin Impact is one of the biggest games in the world and is available on a variety of platforms. Every few weeks, a new update is released, which adds tons of new content, characters, and things for players to do and collect. Now, the latest version is available for download. f you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.3, you can follow this guide.
The “Gamer Verification Error“ is also one of the most common issues of the game, and be sure to follow our guide to fix that. We will be updating that guide as well, as soon as the full update goes live.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 2.3
The launcher, sadly, is still very unstable for the most part. Many PC users have to rely on manually updating, or installing their game from scratch. One of the biggest advantages of the manual update is that you can use the download manager of your choice, which can most likely improve the download speed quite a bit.
Note: This guide assumes that you are currently on version 2.2.
Required Downloads for 2.3
Download the following files, which are for version 2.3
Note: Keep in mind, you don’t need to download all audio files. Only download the ones you need. It should be noted that you need at least one. Additionally, please make sure to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning, you will need the English pack if that is your default language.
- 2.3 Patch (4.5 GB)
- Chinese Audio files (364 MB)
- English Audio files (468 MB)
- Japanese Audio files (481 MB)
- Korean Audio files (376 MB)
We highly recommend downloading these using a download manager, and not just your browser, like Chrome.
Updating to 2.3
Now that you have downloaded the required files, we can move on to the installation process.
- Open the Genshin Impact launcher, and ensure that it is updated. Here, we are referring to the launcher version, and not the game version. By simply running the game launcher it will automatically update itself, so do that once.
- After that, click on the Update button, and then click Pause, after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher, and make sure it isn’t running in the background. You can also check if it is running in the taskbar, close it from there too.
Now, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- In this location delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” heading, and paste them in the following location (the patch file for 2.3, and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- Open the launcher, and it will say Pre-installation done
Important things to consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. Please don’t extract the files, because if do so, you won’t be able to play the game until patch 2.3 is live
- Pre-installation done means that you can keep playing the game until the patch is live
- If you are following this guide after 2.3 is live, it will say Update instead of Pre-installation done. Click that, and it will install these files
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.