Genshin Impact has been out for some time now and is one of the biggest games in the entire world. It is available on a wide variety of platforms and offers tons of free content that players can spend hundreds of hours in. The development studio has increased in size considerably over the year, and a constant stream of content is keeping the title alive, with new fans joining every single day. Sadly, updating the game isn’t as perfect as the content, and to this day, people regularly run into issues when it comes to updating the title through its launcher. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.4, you can follow this guide.
The “Gamer Verification Error“ is also one of the most common issues of the game, and be sure to follow our guide to fix that. We will be updating that guide as well, as soon as the full update goes live. Thankfully, many other issues have been addressed over the updates, but this issue is still fairly common, especially when a new update comes out.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 2.4
Manually updating has become a fairly common process, and users tend to prefer their third-party download managers over the launcher. This allows them to fully utilize their bandwidth speed, and download files directly from MiHoYo servers. We will be detailing every step, and how you can download the files, and update the title.
Note: This guide assumes that you are currently on version 2.3.
Required Downloads for 2.4
Download the following files, which are for version 2.4.
Note: You don’t need to download all the audio files. Only download the ones you need. It should be noted that you need at least one. Also, you will need to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning, you will need the English pack if that is your default Windows language.
- 2.4 Patch (6.1 GB)
- Chinese Audio files (389 MB)
- English Audio files (541 MB)
- Japanese Audio files (519 MB)
- Korean Audio files (391 MB)
Updating to 2.4
Now that you have downloaded the required files, we can move on to the installation process.
- First, run the Genshin Impact launcher, and ensure that it is updated. This is referring to the launcher version, and not the game version. When you simply run the game launcher it will automatically update itself, so do that once.
- After that, click on the Update button, and then click Pause, after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher properly, and ensure it isn’t running in the background. You can also check if it is running in the taskbar, close it from there too.
- Now, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- In this location delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” heading, and paste them in the following location (the patch file for 2.4, and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- After following the steps above, run the launcher again, and it will say Pre-installation done
These are the steps you need to follow to manually update the title from version 2.3 to version 2.4.
Important things to consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. This is very important if you want to keep playing till the update is live. Please don’t extract the files, because if do so, you won’t be able to play the game until patch 2.4 is live
- Pre-installation done means that you can keep playing the game until the patch is live
- Now, if you are following this guide after the update 2.4 is live, it will say Update instead of Pre-installation done. Click that, and it will install these files
- The files provided in this guide are being downloaded directly from MiHoYo servers
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.