Genshin Impact is arguably one of the biggest games on the market, and something continues to grow with each update. The game has come a long way from launch, and is still one of the most accessible titles to pick, and play. Its game design encourages new players to ease into the world and its mechanics while offering a plethora of systems for enthusiasts to dive in. Sadly, updating the game is still a big problem, and the launch still doesn’t work right for many users. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.5, you can follow this guide.
The “Gamer Verification Error“ is also one of the most common issues of the game, and be sure to follow our guide to fix that. Don’t worry, as we’ll be updating that guide for version 2.5 as well. For now, players that want to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 can follow this detailed guide.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 2.5
If you have been following our guides for a while, you’ll know that manually updating is a pretty straightforward process now. Ideally, everyone could update the game through their launcher, but there are far too many issues in that. Manually updating also lets you use your desired third-party downloader for maximum speeds as well.
Note: This guide assumes that you are currently on version 2.4.
Required Downloads for 2.5
Download the following files, which are for version 2.5.
Note: You don’t need to download all the audio files. Only download the ones you need. It should be noted that you need at least one. Also, you will need to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning, you will need the English pack if that is your default Windows language.
- 2.5 Patch (6.91 GB)
- Chinese Audio files (281.33 MB)
- English Audio files (339 MB)
- Japanese Audio files (345 MB)
- Korean Audio files (263 MB)
Updating to 2.5
After you have the files required, we can move to the installation process.
- First, run the Genshin Impact launcher, and ensure that it is updated. We mean referring the launcher version, and not the game version. Simply running game launcher will automatically update itself, so do that once.
- After that, click on the Update button, and then click Pause, after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher properly, and ensure it isn’t running in the background. You can also check if it is running in the taskbar, close it from there too.
- Now, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- In this location delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” heading, and paste them in the following location (the patch file for 2.5, and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- After following the steps above, run the launcher again, and it will say Pre-installation done
These are the steps you need to follow to manually update the title from version 2.4 to version 2.5.
Important things to consider
- The files provided in this guide are being downloaded directly from MiHoYo servers. This means that these are completey safe, and from the developers themselves.
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. This is very important if you want to keep playing till the update is live. Please don’t extract the files, because if do so, you won’t be able to play the game until patch 2.5 is live
- Pre-installation done means that you can keep playing the game until the patch (2.5) is live
- If you are following this guide after the update 2.5 went live, it will say Update instead of Pre-installation done. Click that, and it will install these downloaded files
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.