Genshin Impact continues to release consistent updates for its player base. It is still one of the biggest games on the market, and for good reason. Despite so many competitors, miHoYo hasn’t lost its momentum and has supported its player base with a constant stream of new content, characters, and improvements. Sadly, the same can’t be said about its updating process, and players still have to rely on manually updating their game files. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.6, you can follow this guide.
Other errors that usually spring up include the “Game Verification Error“, and we will be updating our guide to fix that for the latest version as soon as it goes live.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 2.6
We have been covering Genshin Impact for a while now, and try our best to make every guide easier to follow than the last one. Manually updating your game files means you can use your own download manager, which makes it pretty easy, and ensures you get proper speed as well.
Please keep in mind that this guide assumes that you are on version 2.5.
Required Downloads for 2.6
Download the following files, which are for version 2.6.
Note: Downloading all audio files isn’t required. Only download the ones you need. It should be noted that you need at least one.
Also, you will need to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning, you will need the English pack if that is your default Windows language.
- 2.6 Patch (4.58 GB)
- Chinese Audio files (360.50 MB)
- English Audio files (478 MB)
- Japanese Audio files (452 MB)
- Korean Audio files (375 MB)
Updating to 2.6
After you have the files required, we can move to the installation process.
- First, run the Genshin Impact launcher, and ensure that it is updated. We mean referring to the launcher version and not the game version. Simply running the game launcher will automatically update itself, so do that once.
- After that, click on the Update button, and then click Pause, after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher properly, and ensure it isn’t running in the background. You can also check if it is running in the taskbar, close it from there too.
- Now, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- In this location delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” heading, and paste them in the following location (the patch file for 2.6, and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- After following the steps above, run the launcher again, and it will say Pre-installation done
These are the steps you need to follow to manually update the title from version 2.5 to version 2.6.
Important things to consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. This is very important if you want to keep playing till the update is live. Please don’t extract the files, because if do so, you won’t be able to play the game until patch 2.6 is live
- Pre-installation done means that you can keep playing the game until the patch (2.6) is live
- If you are following this guide after update 2.6 went live, it will say Update instead of Pre-installation done. Click that, and it will install these downloaded files
- The files provided in this guide are being downloaded directly from MiHoYo servers. This means that these are completely safe and from the developers themselves.
We hope this guide was helpful, and you were able to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.6. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.