After a slight delay than usual, we are fast approaching the official release of Genshin Impact 2.7. Genshin Impact is without a doubt, still one of the biggest games in the world, and miHoYo’s constant stream of updates ensure that players always have new content to look forward to. Despite that, there are still issues with how players update the game, and the buggy launcher doesn’t help. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.7, you can follow this guide.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 2.7
With every new guide, we try to make it easier for players to follow and update their games. To ensure things work properly, please follow each step, and download the files we provide. Manually updating your game lets you use your own third-party download software.
Please keep in mind that this guide assumes that you are on version 2.6.
Required Downloads for 2.7
Download the following files, which are for version 2.7.
Note: Downloading all audio files isn’t required. Only download the ones you need. It should be noted that you need at least one.
Also, you will need to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning, you will need the English pack if that is your default Windows language.
- 2.7 Patch (4.61 GB)
- Chinese Audio files (5.06 GB)
- English Audio files (6.15 GB)
- Japanese Audio files (5.98 GB)
- Korean Audio files (4.99 GB)
If you have been following our guides, you’ll notice how update 2.7 has fairly large audio file sizes compared to previous ones.
Updating to 2.7
After you have the files required, we can move to the installation process.
- First, run the Genshin Impact launcher, and ensure that it is updated. We mean referring to the launcher version and not the game version. Simply running the game launcher will automatically update itself, so do that once.
- After that, click on the Update button, and then click Pause, after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher properly, and ensure it isn’t running in the background. You can also check if it is running in the taskbar, and close it from there too.
- Now, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- In this location delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” heading, and paste them into the following location (the patch file for 2.7, and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- After following the steps above, run the launcher again, and it will say Pre-installation done/Update (Refer below)
These are the steps you need to follow to manually update the title from version 2.6 to version 2.7.
Important things to consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. This is very important if you want to keep playing till the update is live. Please don’t extract the files, because if do so, you won’t be able to play the game until patch 2.7 is live
- Pre-installation done means that you can keep playing the game until the patch (2.7) is live
- If you are following this guide after update 2.7 went live, it will say Update instead of Pre-installation done. Click that, and it will install these downloaded files
- The files provided in this guide are being downloaded directly from MiHoYo servers. This means that these are completely safe and from the developers themselves.
We hope this guide was helpful, and you were able to manually update to Genshin Impact 2.7. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.