The latest update for Genshin Impact is now available. Despite multiple competitors in the genre, there is no denying that Genshin Impact is still the most consistent when it comes to updates, features, and new characters. Sadly, despite the constant stream of content, the actual updating process is still fairly janky. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 3.1, you can follow this guide.
Manually update to Genshin Impact 3.1
As always, the benefits of manually updating the game mean you can use whatever download manager you want and get better speeds. You can download individual files, including language packs and the patch itself.
Please keep in mind that this guide assumes that you are on version 3.0.
Required Downloads for 3.1
Download the following files, which are for version 3.1.
Note: Downloading all audio files isn’t required. Only download the ones you need. It should be noted that you need at least one.
Also, you will need to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning you will need the English pack if that is your default Windows language.
- 3.1 Patch (6.61 GB)
- Chinese Audio files (540 MB)
- English Audio files (703 MB)
- Japanese Audio files (648 MB)
- Korean Audio files (562 MB)
Updating to 3.1
After you have the files required, we can move to the installation process.
- First, run the Genshin Impact launcher, and ensure that it is updated. We are referring to the launcher version and not the game version. Simply running the game launcher will automatically update itself, so do that once.
- After that, click on the Update button, and then click Pause after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher properly, and ensure it isn’t running in the background. You can also check if it is running in the taskbar and close it from there too.
- Now, head over to the following location.
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- In this location, delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” heading, and paste them into the following location (the patch file for 3.1 and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- After following the steps above, run the launcher again, and it will say Pre-installation done/Update (Refer below)
These are the steps you need to follow to update the title from version 3.0 to version 3.1 manually.
Important things to consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. This is very important if you want to keep playing till the update is live. Please don’t extract the files because if you do so, you won’t be able to play the game until patch 3.1 is live
- Pre-installation done means that you can keep playing the game until the patch (3.1) is live
- If you are following this guide after update 3.1 goes live, it will say Update instead of Pre-installation done. Click that, and it will install these downloaded files.
- The files provided in this guide are being downloaded directly from MiHoYo servers. This means that these are completely safe and from the developers themselves.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to manually update to Genshin Impact 3.1. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.