After the release of Genshin Impact’s update 4.0, miHoYo has released another smaller update, 4.0.1, which addresses a few technical concerns on the PC version. Updating even to that can be problematic using the launcher, as is the case with any major update like this. We have you covered though, and if you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 4.0.1, here is how you can do it.
Manually Update to Genshin Impact 4.0.1
As always, the links provided here are directly provided by miHoYo, and are the same ones their launcher uses. We don’t privately host these files, and you can use the download manager of your choice.
Please keep in mind that this guide assumes you are on version 4.0.
Required Downloads for 4.0.1
Download the following files, which are for version 4.0.1.
Note: Downloading all audio files isn’t required. Only download the ones you need. It should be noted that you need at least one.
Also, you will need to download the audio patch of the language your Windows is set to, meaning you will need the English pack if that is your default Windows language.
- 4.0 Patch (395.14 MB)
- Chinese Audio files (22 Bytes)
- English Audio files (22 Bytes)
- Japanese Audio files (22 Bytes)
- Korean Audio files (22 Bytes)
Updating to 4.0.1
After you have the files required, we can move to the installation process.
- First, run the Genshin Impact launcher, and ensure it is updated. We are referring to the launcher version here and not the game version. Simply running the game launcher will automatically update itself, so do that once.
- Now, click on the Update button, and after a few seconds, click the Pause button.
- Please close the launcher properly, and ensure it isn’t running in the background.
- You can also check if it is running in the taskbar and close it from there too.
- You can also check the Task Manager to see if it’s not running there.
- Now, head over to the following location.
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever you installed the game)
- In this location, delete all the .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the Update button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” heading, and paste them into the following location (the patch file for 4.0.1 and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- Now, on your desktop, create a new text file, and paste the following content inside it
[General] channel=1 cps=mihoyo game_version=4.0.1 sub_channel=0 plugin_7_version=1.0.0
- Now, save this as config.ini and make sure you select All files in the “Save as type”
- It should look like this
- Now, copy/cut and paste this file into the following location and replace the existing config.ini file (it doesn’t matter if there isn’t one here)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game (or wherever you installed the game)
- After following the steps above, rerun the launcher, and select Update to apply the latest patch.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to manually update Genshin Impact from 4.0 to 4.0.1.