The latest version of Honkai Star Rail is now available to pre-load on PC, but like other miHoYo titles, actually updating the game can be pretty frustrating. This is no different for Honkai Star Rail due to its buggy launcher, and how it downloads game files. We have you covered though, and if you want to manually update to Honkai Star Rail 1.4.
Manually Update to Honkai Star Rail 1.4
Using the download link provided in this guide, you can download the update file with the download manager of your choice. These are the same files that the launcher uses when communicating with the miHoYo servers and are completely safe to download.
Please keep in mind that this guide assumes you are on version v1.3.
Required Downloads for 1.4
You only need to download this update patch file from the link below.
- Honkai Star Rail 1.4 Patch (9.42 GB)
Updating to 1.4
Once the download is complete, the actual updating process is fairly simple this time around.
- Head over to where Honkai Star Rail is installed, it’s usually the following:
C:\Program Files\Star Rail
- Here, open the Games folder
- Now, place the zip file you downloaded in the Games folder
- Run the launcher, and it should be able to verify the file placed and pre-update the game accordingly.
- If you have done everything right, it will say “Game Pre-Installation Completed“
That’s all you need to do to pre-install the latest update for Honkai Star Rail. It’s also possible that your launcher will be updated during this process which is completely normal.
Important Things To Consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. If you want to keep playing till update 1.4 is officially out. You’ll need to ensure that you don’t extract the files manually. If you extract the files, you won’t be able to play till the update is live.
- After the patch goes live, you might have to download additional files in-game. This is normal.
- The files provided in this guide are being downloaded directly from MiHoYo servers. This means that these are entirely safe and from the developers themselves.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to manually update Honkai Star Rail 1.4. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below