Honkai Star Rail’s latest version is now available to pre-load on PC, and like Genshin Impact, the launcher isn’t reliable for a lot of users. We’re unsure why this continues to be a problem in both titles, especially after so many updates. We have you covered though, and if you want to manually update to Honkai Star Rail 1.5, here is how you can easily do that.
Manually Update to Honkai Star Rail 1.5
Updating Honkai Star Rail is way easier than Genshin Impact, and you only need to download a single patch file. Keep in mind, that this is the same file the launcher would download, so it’s completely safe, and we don’t privately host files anywhere.
Please keep in mind that this guide assumes you are on version v1.4.
Required Downloads for 1.5
You only need to download this update patch file from the link below.
- Honkai Star Rail 1.5 Patch (8.14 GB)
Updating to 1.5
Once the download is complete, the actual updating process is fairly simple.
- Head over to where Honkai Star Rail is installed, it’s usually the following:
C:\Program Files\Star Rail
- Here, open the Games folder
- Now, place the zip file you downloaded in the Games folder
- Run the launcher, and it should be able to verify the file placed and pre-update the game accordingly.
- If you have done everything right, it will say “Game Pre-Installation Completed“
That’s all you need to do to pre-install the latest update for Honkai Star Rail. It’s also possible that your launcher will be updated during this process which is completely normal.
Important Things To Consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. If you want to keep playing till update 1.5 is officially out.
- You’ll need to ensure that you don’t extract the files manually. If you extract the files, you won’t be able to play till the update is live.
- After the patch goes live, you might have to download additional files in-game. This is normal.
- The files provided in this guide are being downloaded directly from MiHoYo servers. This means that these are entirely safe and from the developers themselves.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to manually update Honkai Star Rail 1.5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below