Like Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail has been getting steady updates every few weeks, and the latest version is now available to pre-load. Unfortunately, the launcher is still a mess, and updating the game can be a hassle. We have you covered though, and if you want to update to Honkai Star Rail 1.6 manually, here is how you can easily do that.
Manually Update to Honkai Star Rail 1.6
The update process is pretty simple, and I’ll walk you through each step. The files you’ll download during this are the same ones the launcher uses to communicate with the miHoYo servers.
Please keep in mind that this guide assumes you are on version v1.5.
Required Downloads for 1.6
Now that we’re a few updates in, you’ll need to download language packs along with the update.
Patch file (1.5 to 1.6)
- Honkai Star Rail 1.6 Patch (11.1 GB)
- Chinese Audio Files (202 MB)
- Korean Audio Files (215 MB)
- Japanese Audio Files (260 MB)
- English Audio Files (251 MB)
Download at least one audio pack, and make sure you download the audio pack language that your Windows is set to. (If your Windows language is set to English, then you need that)
Updating to 1.6
- Open the Honkai Star Rail launcher, and make sure it’s updated (the launcher, not the game)
- Initiate the Game Pre-Installation in the launcher, and then pause it after a few seconds.
- Close the launcher (make sure it isn’t running in the taskbar)
- Head over to where Honkai Star Rail is installed, it’s usually the following:
C:\Program Files\Star Rail
- Here, open the Games folder
- Now, place the zip files (1.6 patch + language packs) you downloaded in the Games folder
- Replace any incomplete _tmp files
- Now, re-rerun the launcher and resume the Game Pre-Installation
- It will automatically detect the patch files, and instead say “Game Pre-Installation Completed“
That’s all you need to do to pre-install the latest update for Honkai Star Rail. It’s also possible that your launcher will be updated during this completely normal process.
Important Things To Consider
- DON’T EXTRACT THE FILES. If you want to keep playing till update 1.6 is officially out.
- You’ll need to ensure that you don’t extract the files manually. If you extract the files, you won’t be able to play till the update is live.
- After the patch goes live, you might have to download additional files in-game. This is normal.
- The files provided in this guide are being downloaded directly from MiHoYo servers. This means that these are entirely safe and from the developers themselves.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to manually update Honkai Star Rail 1.6. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below