A system startup beep sound plays every time you turn on your PS5. If you are annoyed by its loudness or want to turn it off completely, then this is the guide for you. Let’s take a look at the steps required to tweak this beeping sound.
To turn off the beeping sound that comes from your PS5, simply go into the Settings, Navigate to System, and then go into the Beep Sound settings to lower its volume or completely turn it off.
Let’s discuss the startup beep and all other types of beeps you might hear from your PS5 in this guide.
PS5 Beep Sound
Similar to the Screen Reader voice, the beep sound that comes when you start your PS5 can annoy some people. Luckily, you can completely turn it off or reduce its volume by following these steps:
- Go into the PS5 Settings.
- Navigate to System Settings.
- Scroll down to the Beep Sounds submenu.
- There, you can change the volume of the beep and even mute it completely.
Other Beep Patterns
The PS5 might beep randomly, but the beeps’ pattern will be different. Here’s what the other beeps mean.
- A single long beep Indicates that there is something wrong with the PS5’s power supply or the amount of electricity coming from the socket. (It is either too high or too low)
- Three beeps Indicate that you are pressing the Disc Eject button when the tray is empty. This can sometimes happen when people confuse the disc eject button with the power button.
Sometimes resolving even the most basic problems can become a headache of sorts. But don’t worry, that’s where we come in clutch. Check out our other guides to learn about some nifty PS5 features and tricks that can improve your overall console experience.