Lords of the Fallen lets players choose between 9 starting classes, which is a lot on its own, but what if we told you the game has even more hidden classes? This guide will teach you how to unlock all hidden classes in Lords of the Fallen and what kind of playstyle each class caters to.
You can unlock the Dark Crusader hidden class by either purchasing the Deluxe edition of Lords of the Fallen or completing Paladin Isaac’s questline. The Radiant Purifier class is unlocked via the Radiance Ending. The Lord & Putrid Child classes are unlocked by finishing the game with the Inferno & Umbral ending, respectively.
Let us unpack this information in more detail and figure out which one of these hidden classes in Lords of the Fallen is the best and why.
Unlock the Dark Crusader Class in Lords of the Fallen
The Dark Crusader is a powerful, aggressive class in Lords of the Fallen that can be unlocked by purchasing the Deluxe edition of the game or completing Paladin Isaac’s questline.
It is one of the best physical damage-based classes in the game and deals a lot of damage with its two-hand stance. You can even charge at enemies with ease and tank some damage.
Let’s take a detailed look at how you can unlock this hidden class in LOTF:
- You must collect a Flayed Skin from where you first fought the Lightreaper. It is located towards the right side, near the broken bridge.
- Examine four Stigmas:
The first one is near the start of the Lower Calrath
The second one is at the Fief of the Chill Curse, near the start
The third stigma is just past the Lightreaper’s Arena in the Fief of the Chill Curse
The fourth stigma is located at the Path of Devotion
- Defeat the Umbral version of Isaac
- Go back to the Abandoned Redscope and open the door using the Umbral-Tinged Flayed Skin.
Opening this door will reward you with the Paladin’s Armor set, Sword, and Rosary.
Unlock the Radiant Purifier Class
The Radiant Purifier is a magic-based end-game class with a lot of magic damage resistance and is one of the highest-level classes in the game. You can unlock this class by choosing the Radiance ending in LOTF.
To unlock the Radiance ending, you need to cleanse all five beacons located at:
- The Fief of the Chill Curse
- The Empyrean
- Forsaken Fen
- Tower of Penance
- Upper Calrath
Once you do that and beat the final boss of the game, you will unlock the Radiance ending and will be able to choose the Radiant Purifier class whenever you start NG+.
Unlock the Lord Class
The Lord is another magic-based endgame class in LOTF that focuses entirely on the Inferno stat. This is the highest-level class in the game and is perfect for players looking to try different Inferno builds.
You can unlock the Lord class in LOTF by going with the Inferno ending. Here’s how you can do that:
- Do not cleanse any beacons! (doing so will lock you out of the Inferno ending)
- Defeat all the Colossal Sentinels and collect the Rune of Adyr from the Abbey of the Hallowed Sisters.
- Defeat The Sundered Monarch.
- At this point, the Rune of Adyr will have changed into the Empowered Rune of Adyr.
- Use the Empowered Rune of Adyr on all five beacons and defeat Judge Cleric the Radiant Sentinel.
- Finally, talk to Iselle, and you will trigger the Inferno ending.
Unlock the Putrid Child Class
The Putrid Child is a balanced class that lets players use both Radiance and Inferno-based spells. This is by far the most complex class to unlock, thanks to the number of steps and murders you need to commit.
Here are all the steps required to unlock the Umbral ending in Lords of the Fallen:
- Find the well near The Unbroken Promise’s boss arena.
- Buy the Scouring Clump from Mohlu for 1000 Vigor. Take this item back to the well and travel to Mother’s Lull.
- Acquire Damarose’s Seedpod by talking to the Remnant NPC there.
- Travel to Pilgrim’s Perch and use the Seedpod you just acquired to kill Damarose.
- Go back to Mother’s Lull and acquire the Gerlinde’s Seedpod.
- Just like before, use the Seedpod on Gerlinde to kill her and gain access to the second floating area in Mother’s Lull.
- Defeat the Colossal Sentinel and The Lightreaper at the Bramis Castle to get The Lightreaper’s Umbral Parasite. (don’t worry if you’ve dealt with the Lightreaper already, as you’ll still be able to snag the required items)
- Go back to the Skyrest Bridge and go to the room where Molhu is. Place the Lightreaper’s Parasite inside the cavity in the column.
- You’ll need to travel back to Mother’s Lull and acquire Melchior’s Seedpod.
- After that, get the Rune of Adyr and go back to Mother’s Lull to give the Rune to the NPC and get the Withered Rune of Adyr from him.
- Go back to the Bramis Castle and interact with the Seedpod near Melchoir’s body to access the third floor in Mother’s Lull.
- Go to Fief of the Chill Curse and enter Umbral to find the Iron Wayfarer there if you defeated him outside the gates of Bramis Castle before. Use the Withered Rune of Adyr to kill him and acquire the Harkyn’s Umbral Parasite.
- Place the parasite in the empty column at Skyrest Bridge.
- Get ready for a fight and talk to Pieta. Then soulflay her to reveal the parasite.
- Defeat Elianne the Starved and get her parasite.
- Place that parasite in the empty column at Skyrest Bridge and speak to Molhu.
- Select “Enter Molhu’s Lull” to kill Molhu and gain access to the fourth floor of Mother’s Lull.
- Now simply climb the platforms and reach the end to trigger the Umbral Ending.
Triggering this ending will allow you to choose the Putrid Child class in NG+.
If you are having trouble understanding our explanation, you can check out HarryNinteyFour’s detailed video on the topic to get a better understanding:
And that’s how you unlock all the hidden classes in Lords of the Fallen. We recommend that you first unlock the Dark Crusader class as that’s the most versatile weapon-based class that also packs a heavy punch.
We hope you found this guide to be of use and unlocked a class that best suits your playstyle. For more things LOTF, stick with WIG!