Making unique aesthetics in Minecraft is all about experimenting and matching colors. But how will you do that if you only have two or three shades of dye in your inventory?
Today, we’ll focus on one particular hue and show you the process of making brown dye in Minecraft. This should expand your color options when making structures, furniture, and other in-game items.
Minecraft Brown Dye Recipe
To make Brown Dye in Minecraft, you’ll need to gather these items:
- Cocoa Beans
- Access your Crafting Table and place Cocoa Beans anywhere in the crafting grid.
- Drag the Brown Dye to your inventory to collect it.
How to Obtain Cocoa Beans in Minecraft
In Java Edition, cocoa beans can only be obtained through natural generation of cocoa pods. In Bedrock Edition, they can be obtained from bonus chests, fishing inside the jungle, bamboo jungle, and sparse jungle biomes, and trading with a wandering trader.
- Cocoa pods can be found on the trunks of normal-sized naturally-generated jungle trees in the jungle, bamboo jungles, and sparse jungle temperate biomes.
- You can mine them with any item but axes are the quickest.
- Full-grown cocoa pods drop 3 Cocoa beans.
- Using a tool enchanted with Fortune will not increase the number of cocoa beans dropped.
Make Brown Dye in Minecraft
Once you have gathered enough Cocoa Beans, you can start making Brown Dye in Minecraft.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Select your Crafting Table and place it on the ground.
- Open it to access the crafting grid.
- Place a Cocoa Bean anywhere on the grid to make Brown Dye.
- Drag the Brown Dye from the output tab to your inventory to collect it.
Note: You can stack Cocoa Beans on top of each other to make Brown Dye faster.
Where to Use Brown Dye in Minecraft
Like any dye in Minecraft, Brown Dye can be used for dyeing or staining these items:
- Sheep to make colored wool.
- Tamed Wolves and Cats to change the color of their collar.
- Stain leather, armor, beds, glass, shulker boxes, and terracotta.
You can mix the brown dye with gunpowder to make a firework star or with a firework star to create a fade-to-color effect. A brown dye can also be used to add patterns to banners.
Brown Dye Give Command in Minecraft
Another way to obtain Brown Dye in Minecraft is by using the “Give” command. This will save you the time of finding jungle biomes and gathering Cocoa Beans, which can be difficult if you’re unlucky.
To use the “give” command, you’ll need to type the following:
/give <playername> minecraft:brown_dye 14
With “give”, you can provide any player items instantly. For the <playername>, change it to whatever in-game name of the player you want to give the items to.
You can also use these other variations of the give command:
/give <playername> minecraft:brown_dye 64
/give <playername> minecraft:brown_dye(this gives only one item)
As you continue to explore the Minecraft universe, remember the importance of color in shaping your builds. By knowing the process of making brown dye, you have unlocked a versatile tool to create enchanting landscapes and bring your imagination to life.