As you explore caves and mines, you’ll likely encounter an abundance of cobblestones. While these blocks serve their purpose, turning them into smooth stones can take your Minecraft structures to the next level.
This polished variant of stone can bring a touch of elegance to any construction project you venture into. Understanding how to make smooth stones in Minecraft will give you a handful of options on how you can design your fortress.
Today, we’ll go over everything you need to know to get your hands on smooth stones in Minecraft.
Minecraft Smooth Stone Recipe
To make a smooth stone in Minecraft, you’ll need the following:
- Place some stone blocks in the furnace and add fuel or charcoal.
- After a few seconds, you’ll be able to get one smooth stone block for every stone block you smelt.
Note: One charcoal can last up to 80 seconds in the furnace. You can add up to 8 stone blocks in the furnace to maximize each charcoal.
Make A Stone Block in Minecraft
Since a stone block is the only item you need to make smooth stones, here’s how you can get them in Minecraft:
- Start by gathering cobblestones. They are almost everywhere in the game. You can find them in strongholds, villages, jungles, and temples.
- Now, you’ll need a furnace to smelt. It can be made by adding 8 blocks of cobblestones in all slots of the crafting table except the middle one.
- Set your furnace in the ground and access it. Put some cobblestones in the smelting slot and add charcoal or wood.
- Gather the stone and move it to your inventory.
Repeat this process until you have enough stone for whatever project you plan on making in Minecraft.
Smelting Smooth Stones in Minecraft
After making some stone blocks, you’re now ready to smelt smooth stones. Here’s what you need to do:
- Set your furnace to the ground and access it.
- Add some stone blocks in the upper slot of the smelting grid.
- Drop some charcoal or wood below the stone blocks.
- Gather the smooth stones and place them in your inventory.
Uses of Smooth Stone in Minecraft
- Make Blast Furnace – Using a furnace, three smooth stones, and five iron ingots; you can make a blast furnace.
- Armor Stands – You can turn smooth stones into slabs using a stonecutter or crafting table. With one slab and six sticks, you can turn smooth stone slabs into an armor stand.
- Building Material – Smooth stone is a great material to use as flooring for your base. They have a light gray texture with thin boundaries on all sides, making them look better than regular stones.
- Spawn Proofing – You can also use smooth stones to spawn-proof your base by turning them into slabs using a crafting table or stonecutter.
Minecraft Smooth Stone Give Command
Whether you are in a rush to complete your base or simply seeking some instant building fun, take advantage of the ‘give’ command to quickly acquire some smooth stone.
/give <playername> minecraft:smooth_stone 64
“Give” is a command that is used to instantly obtain items in the game. For the <playername>, simply write the player ID or name that you want to give smooth stone to. The number at the end indicates the number of smooth stones you want to give.
Now that you’ve mastered the art of creating smooth stones, it’s time to think of crazy projects where you can use it. With this sleek polished material at your disposal, you can surely make some amazing builds in Minecraft!