If you’ve got a voucher code for your PS5 that has a game tied to it, but the code is not working, this is going to be the perfect guide for you. I’ll explain all the intricacies around claiming redeemable codes on the PS5.
You have to follow a few region-based protocols to successfully claim redeemable code on the PS5. Let’s take a look at all of these things in detail!
Reasons for the Voucher Code to Not Work
These points will list out all the common reasons that can prevent your voucher code from working. Go through them all and ensure that you are doing things correctly.
- Make sure you are entering the 12-digit voucher code correctly. (Don’t include the dashes and be careful about the zero, capital O’s, I’s, & 1’s)
- 12-digit game codes are not the same as 10-digit discount voucher codes. (The latter can only be used at the time of checkout to apply discounts)
- Ensure that the code you try to voucher is from the same country as your PSN. (Codes, Vouchers, Bundles, DLC, and Gift Cards are all region locked)
- Make sure that your PSN account is not set as a Child Account. (Child accounts cannot redeem funds themselves. They have to add them through the Manager’s account)
- Check your transaction history to see whether you’ve already claimed the code or not.
These are the most common reasons that can cause your PS5 voucher codes not to work. Most of the time, it boils down to having a code from another region while your PSN account is set to a completely different region.
I hope you found this guide to be useful and were able to successfully pinpoint the issue that was causing your redeemable code to not work properly. Keep visiting WIG for more troubleshooting guides around the PlayStation 5 and much more!