As a part of the latest Capcom Ransomware leaks, we have even more details on Resident Evil Village Leak. The game has been silent for quite a while but it seems the leaked documents are doing some of the talking for Capcom. In the latest documents, they share the marketing plan and a new tentative release date for the game.
Resident Evil Village Leak has some new details released
Resident Evil Village hasn’t had any details officially released from Capcom in a very long time. However, that isn’t going to stop the series of leaks for the game from coming.
In the latest installment of said leaks, the marketing plan for the game has been detailed. Albeit independently by a reddit user on /r/gamingleaksandrumours, but they have attached proof.
Here is a quick timeline:
- January 2021 – Third trailer with announcement for current-gen version announcement, product information, the announcement of a trial version that will be next-gen exclusive and will act as a tech demo to show off village and the power of the PS5. Release date will be announced along with the series 25th anniversary information.
- Mid January 2021 – Pre-orders open with players being able to go to the store from RE7.
- February 2021 – a making-of video will be released.
- March 2021 – Resident Evil Village Open Beta test and developer interview followed by media preview that will show new gameplay and B-Roll.
- April – May 2021 – Third making of video, new trial version, and more content to hype a May 2021 release date.
Currently, the game is stated for a May 2021 launch, but the last leak we covered stated an April 2021 release date.
Resident Evil Village is going to be latest mainline entry to the Resident Evil series. Since Resident Evil 7 in 2017, and is going to be a direct sequel following the events of the latter. While story details are still not fully revealed, we do know we will see Chris Redfield, Ethan and Mia Winters and more twists and turns.
Fans are undoubtedly excited at the prospect of playing a new Resident Evil game, and we can’t wait for Capcom to officially announce more details for the game.