Deathloop is a first-person shooter with a time-loop from Arkane Studios and Bethesda. It is already one of the highest-rated games of the year, and one of Arkane’s best titles yet. While critical reception has been positive across the board, the PC version has some issues, when it comes to performance. Additionally, if you want to skip the Deathloop intro videos, here is how you can do that.
If you are running into any crashes at launch, we highly recommend checking out our guide for that. The game currently has a Mixed rating on Steam, with users complaining about performance, especially stuttering. Dishonored 2’s launch had similar issues, but those were fixed over time. Hopefully, this will be the case for Deathloop as well.
Skip the Deathloop Intro Videos on the PC
If you’re sick of watching all those logos, and small video intros at the start of the game, here is how you can completely skip it.
- Open Steam, and right-click on Deathloop
- Click Manage, and then Browse local files
- This will take you to where Deathloop is installed
- Open the Base folder, and then Videos
- Now, either delete or move the following files
Relaunch the game, and the videos will be gone. You will start from the Main Menu, making the experience much smoother. If you want to restore the videos, you can simply verify the game files through Steam, and the content will be back.
If you’re noticing any performance issues, here are a few helpful tips that helped me personally.
- In Graphics settings, lower the Shadows to Very Low, as this will give you a significant frame rate boost
- Lock your framerate to 60 if you’re on a 60hz monitor, by enabling v-sync
- Turn of Depth of Field, as it is a bit taxing, surprisingly
- Intead of aiming for Ultra settings, try lowering those to High, like Terrain, Models, and even Textures
- Ensure you are on the latest drivers, especially for AMD
We hope this guide helped you skip the Deathloop intro videos. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.