Genshin Impact is arguably one of the biggest surprises to come out in 2020. There are many gacha games already on the market, but none have surpassed the numbers, and influence of Genshin Impact. The game isn’t just popular in China, but all over the world and its availability on a variety of platforms have helped quite a bit. Now, the latest version 1.3 is on its way and is scheduled to officially come out today. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 1.3 on PC, here is how you can do that.
Update 1.3 is one of the bigger ones and brings a lot of new content for fans to try out. The developers are committed to keep fans happy, and engaged with a constant stream of content. This is one of the reasons the game is doing so well, even in 2021.
Manually update to Genshin Impact version 1.3
Now, some players would like to use their own download manager to get the latest update. There is also a chance that some users are running into errors with updating through the client. These are all valid reasons why one would prefer a more manual approach to the update. To do this, you can follow the steps below.
- First, make sure the launcher is updated to the latest version. This normally happens automatically.
- Now, you want to click the button to Start the Pre-load, and then click the button again to pause it
- After this, close the launcher completely, this can be done by right-clicking the icon in the taskbar notification area, as shown below
- Now, head over to the Genshin Impact Game folder. This folder is in the install location. The default location is the following, but it can vary based on where you installed it.
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- Here, in the Genshin Impact Game folder, delete the 1.2.0_1.3.0_diff_sBM8DJZc.zip_tmp file
- Download the patch file from the following link (SIZE: 4.18 GB)
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the Genshin Impact Game folder (DON’T EXTRACT THIS FILE)
- Now, re-open the Launcher again, and the status should be Game Pre-Installation Done
Updating the game manually usually ends up being the faster method. This is mostly because the actual game launcher doesn’t always fully utilize the network capacity.
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.